Bring Back the Truth in the Data Science and AI World
The Data Driven Podcast had a killer conversation with Tanja Magas, the Chief Data and Analytics Officer at Democrance. Democrance enables insurers to access new market segments, particularly in emerging and mobile-first markets. With its technology, insurers can create and enhance digital sales mechanisms, while increasing operational efficiency and profitability. Some of the topics that Tanja and I discussed:
- Born in Bosnia, Sarajevo and immigrated to Austria and Germany as part of a refugee program
- Living, going to school and working in New York City
- Working at Lehman Brothers just before the collapse
- The importance of Data Availability and Quality
- The joy of building things from scratch
- Innovative, Differentiated Non-traditional Data Sets
- Regulation and Data Privacy
- Democrance’s approach to and philosophy on data science
- Five layers of complexity
- The importance of building a single source of data that is accurate and real-time
- A simple, but very powerful, dashboard structure
- Going to fun as opposed to going to work
View the full Podcast here.
Have Any Questions?
Need more information about the platform?